- Weather Radar
- Top News
Iraqi siblings at RHS paint lighter picture of home
There is place more than 7,000 miles away that most Americans only know from horrific scenes on the news. But two Rockwall High School students have lived there and know a different side of the story.
THE BIG DIG
Rockwall recently enjoyed a moment in the spotlight as geologists marveled at the town’s namesake. The actual rock wall once discovered by the founders of the city was excavated by local father-son duo Kevin and Daniel Richeson for an episode of the History Channel series “America Unearthed,” scheduled to air in November.
Former RPD crime analyst joins Royse City staff
Thomas Fry, crime analyst and computer technician for the Rockwall Police Department since 2005, joined the City of Royse City staff on May 6 as senior project manager.
Rockwall-based group providing hope for sick children
Hundreds of kids are diagnosed with cancer every week, and once that happens, the weeks and months to come are certain to be difficult as radiation and chemotherapy treatments become a routine.
The people with Baskets of Hope can’t cure cancer, but they can certainly provide a bit of relief, comfort and inspiration to cancer-ridden children across the nation.
RISD security item tabled by court
After weeks of discussion on a huge issue presented to the court, the Rockwall County Commissioners Court did not make a motion to vote on the item during Tuesday’s regular meeting.
- Iraqi siblings at RHS paint lighter picture of home
WATER POLO: Rockwall ISD squad wins championship
A water polo team comprised of mostly Heath High School players with a few Rockwall High School athletes captured the title at the 2013 North Texas Consolidated High School Championships in Denton recently.
- GOLF: Heath team collects awards
- LACROSSE: Local teams reach milestone
- SOFTBALL: Lady Jackets’ run halted by stingy McKinney Boyd
- BASEBALL: Area sweep by Allen puts end to Heath Hawks’ season
- WATER POLO: Rockwall ISD squad wins championship
COLUMN: Being a role model more important than winning
My first nine years in the newspaper business were as a sports writer, so I’ve seen my share of crazy sports parents. In fact, I’ve probably seen my share and your share. However, these people never cease to amaze me with ridiculous behavior at youth sporting events.
- COLUMN: Life's too short to fret over blunders
- COLUMN: The difference between ‘spoiled’ and ‘blessed’
- COLUMN: County Judge stresses importance of library and its vision
- Trumping negotiations with sarcasm: A proven winner
- COLUMN: Being a role model more important than winning
- Gas Prices