- Weather Radar
- Top News
Jon Bailey (left) shakes hands with Rockwall County 382nd District Judge Brett Hall on Monday after being sworn in as the newest member of the Rockwall Independent School District Board of Trustees.
Newly-elected board members take oath
The newly-elected members of the Rockwall Independent School District Board of Trustees were sworn in Monday and new officers were elected during the regular meeting.
Unemployment matches five-year low
The local employment numbers are reaching new highs according to the most recent numbers provided by the Texas Workforce Commission.
More than 200 people found jobs in Rockwall County last month, as the local unemployment rate matched the lowest total since 2008.
Iraqi siblings at RHS paint lighter picture of home
There is place more than 7,000 miles away that most Americans only know from horrific scenes on the news. But two Rockwall High School students have lived there and know a different side of the story.
THE BIG DIG
Rockwall recently enjoyed a moment in the spotlight as geologists marveled at the town’s namesake. The actual rock wall once discovered by the founders of the city was excavated by local father-son duo Kevin and Daniel Richeson for an episode of the History Channel series “America Unearthed,” scheduled to air in November.
Former RPD crime analyst joins Royse City staff
Thomas Fry, crime analyst and computer technician for the Rockwall Police Department since 2005, joined the City of Royse City staff on May 6 as senior project manager.
- Newly-elected board members take oath
BASEBALL: Jackets advance to region semis against No. 9 Klein Collins
The Rockwall Yellowjackets advanced through another round of the Class 5A baseball playoffs last weekend with a 2-1 series win over Plano for the Region II quarterfinal championship at Highland Park’s Scotland Yard.
- WATER POLO: Rockwall ISD squad wins championship
- GOLF: Heath team collects awards
- LACROSSE: Local teams reach milestone
- SOFTBALL: Lady Jackets’ run halted by stingy McKinney Boyd
- BASEBALL: Jackets advance to region semis against No. 9 Klein Collins
Anticipation has me feeling like a kid again
I still act like a kid sometimes.
Please, friends, before you start nodding in agreement, let me explain.
- An unusual officer from three countries
- Adjusting to change and getting back on the wagon
- COLUMN: Being a role model more important than winning
- COLUMN: Life's too short to fret over blunders
- Anticipation has me feeling like a kid again
- Gas Prices